Friday 7 May 2010

Mebyon Kernow - an apology

A few weeks ago, in common with some other media commentators and a number of bookmakers, I might have inadvertantly given the impresson that Mebyon Kernow was poised to make some sort of breakthrough in the 2010 general election. Broadcastling live last night, I suggested that MK might even beat the Labour Party in some constituencies in Cornwall. But now the people of Cornwall have spoken. They have delivered their verdict. And that verdict is: "Mebyon Kernow's contribution to the Cornish political scene is to donate £3,000 in lost deposits. Thanks very much." I therefore accept that there is not a jot nor scintilla of truth in anything I might have thought as recently as yesterday and that I got it hopelessly wrong on this one. I would lke to apologise for any distress or embarrassment caused to anyone by my inaccurate punditry, particularly myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment