Sunday 25 July 2010

Colin's not coming

I don't envy Cornwall Council cabinet member Carolyn Rule who on Tuesday has to explain this entry in her report to members:
"Colin Molton, who is currently Director at the Homes and Communities Agency with responsibility for investment in the South West, has been appointed as the Chief Executive of the Cornwall Development Company. He will take up his post on 1 October 2010. Colin is recognised as one of the country's best in the field of economic development and regeneration and, as such, comes with a wealth of experience and expertise. Colin is coming to Cornwall at a vitally important time."

Three days ago Mr Molton issued this statement:
"On reflection I believe that the HCA still offers me the right balance of professional and personal opportunities. I was immensely pleased to be offered the job at CDC and thank the management team for its support following my decision not to accept. I wish the CDC well in recruiting its new chief executive. Clearly, I wish to continue to try and help Cornwall achieve its ambitions through the enabling and investment routes which they will be able to draw on from the HCA. I look forward to continuing to work with partners in Cornwall in the future."

Back to the drawing board.


No comments:

Post a Comment