Thursday 22 July 2010

Grace under pressure

Cornwall councillor Bert Biscoe has written to his colleague Dick Cole about Bert's newspaper article previewing the 10th anniversary of the Cornish Constitutional Convention:
"I apologise to Mebyon Kernow, which I have always known to be inclusive and outward-looking in both its principles and its activities. It was not my intention to imply anything negative about the Party, or indeed, any of the mainstream Parties and politicians at work in Cornwall. You are right that the quote might be taken to infer an allegation of exclusivity. It was clumsy of me."
I don't propose to detail every nuance of the original article, which has clearly been subjected to intense (too much?) contextual analysis already - but as an example of how to apologise properly, and move on, this looks pretty good. Well done Bert.

For those who haven't the faintest idea what I'm talking about, Dick Cole's blog sets the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment