Monday 20 September 2010

On the receiving end

Cornwall Council emails to ask if I have any objection to some emails I sent being disclosed to a third party. The council's received a Freedom of Information application looking for
"all correspondence between Cornwall Council and any governmental and non-governmental bodies/persons in relation to the Tortoise Garden being classified under the Zoo Licensing Act 1981."
I am indeed one of those non-governmental persons, having made some inquiries myself, by email, a few months ago. Naturally when I wrote those (two) emails I never thought they would be read by anyone other than the council press officer to whom they were addressed. But I've been banging on about Freedom of Information for most of my life and so I can hardly object now.

No comments:

Post a Comment