Tuesday 5 October 2010

Does Julia count?


One of Cornwall's Lib Dems texts me to ask why my account of Iain Dale's top 50 Liberal Democrats failed to mention former Falmouth & Camborne MP Julia Goldsworthy. A good question, and I am happy to concede - it should be for Cornwall's Lib Dems to decide whether Julia is "one of them" or not. As a special advisor to the Treasury Chief Secretary she is certainly influential, although Liberal Democrats on Cornwall Council might want to distance themselves from her when considering the impact of £108million cuts now coming Cornwall's way. In my defence I can say that I was originally scanning the list for elected politicians, and the question of whether or not someone comes from Cornwall (did once, but not now?) is clearly something in need of definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment