Sunday 17 October 2010

Message from Mike Chappell

I am aware that people take what I write here and throw mockery at me on the This Is Cornwall website and the Graham Smith BBC blog. I actually helped Graham at the Rally by holding his camera kit for him because in truth, I feel no hatred for anyone. Nor do I care about mockery beacuse I have this to say.

I have been accused on those sites of being a bigot. Well I am not. I always refer to the people of Kernow not the Cornish people even though I am one. Yesterday I spent a few precious hours with my love, a German lady, a German citizen still who is a practising nurse in Cornwall. I count amongst my friends people from all over, of all creeds and colours, religions, sexual orientation so how can I be a bigot ? I am not and these words hurt me.

I have been interviewed by Mr Morris from one of the TV channels in Plymouth. He cannot understand why I do what I do. He found difficulty in believing that at 10AM tomorrow morning, it will have been seven days since I last ate. he asked for proof of this. Well I say to him and Cameron and Clegg ask any of my friends and they will tell you. I have lost a lot of weight and now do not feel so well but I know I must do this.

When I was but a ten year old boy my late grandfather took me to the top of Carn Brea and pushed my fingers into the soil and said to me 'Feel and listen son and you will feel the heart beat of Cornwall. Look around you and all that you see is yours. You are it and it is you. They cannot take that away from you.' And of course he was true. They cannot and will not take it away, will they dear friends ?

People doubt me, do not. I did not make Lowender Perran today because I feel somehow weakened but my determination and the love of my Cornwall will not nor will ever let me down.

I am no traitor, double agent, bigot or anything else. I am a Celtic Cornishman with love in my heart. My German love said she realised that I had a love for something more than her, more than my own life and she was true. That love is for Mother Kernow. I am strong made more so by the messages of support I have received. I do what I do for Kernow, for her peoples, for true democracy, for freedom and to fight the uncaring axis of evil in London in the Country next door.

Mur ras one hag oll !

Kernow bys vykken !

Mike Chappell X


No comments:

Post a Comment