Thursday 7 April 2011

Stephen Gilbert talks to Lib Dem Voice about "career suicide"

I belong to a generation that struggles with 21st century text-speak acronyms, so I'm keen to learn how today's politicians try to get their message across. Newquay & St Austell MP Stephen Gilbert recently used three letters in place of three words while addressing a group of school pupils, sparking a Twitterstorm.Lib Dem Voice quotes headteacher David Parker thus:
"Perhaps if he had thought about it before he said it he wouldn't have used that phrase but maybe it was a slip of the tongue. If he had asked me before whether that was an appropriate term to use I would have said probably not."
Stephen Gilbert is almost certainly correct to dismiss his comment as a "storm in a teacup" but I'd welcome comments drawing my attention to similar acronyms used by other Cornish politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment