Wednesday 19 December 2012

Did I imagine it?

I'm sure I saw a Tweet recently that congratulated Cornwall councillors Steve Double and Scott Mann on their elevation to the lofty status of prospective Parliamentary candidates.  But on checking the author's list of Tweets, the message seems to have been deleted.  I've asked Cornwall Conservative Party organiser Bob Davidson for clarification.
STOP PRESS: My thanks to Bob, Steve and Scott for all clarifying with admirable speed.  Steve and Scott have indeed been accepted onto the list of possible PPCs, but won't face any constituency-specific selection meetings until next month.  Tories in St Austell and Newquay, and North Cornwall, are getting very excited.  And I guess this is clear evidence that the next general election will indeed be fought on existing boundaries, rather than any Devonwall-malarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment